CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 18, 2009

I've survived one week of foundation

Yesterday was Friday ey? .. Ah, yeah. Class was alright. We did vocabulary exercises and learned about word families. Only 5/11 showed up. I liked it small though..

I could have gotten home earlier yesterday but I missed the bus. It was so so so so close! Shuttle bus leaves Hokowhitu campus (where my class is) to Turitea (where Uni students have their classes) at 1145am. The bus that goes to my place leaves Turitea at 1150am. So, I wouldn't be able to catch that bus, mathematically. haha. But yesterday was different. My shuttle bus ALMOST reached the bus stop at main campus and I saw the bus passed by right beside me. I was like, "Oh dammit! If only the shuttle bus driver drove faster.."
So I didn't have much choices then. I had to go to the City and take another bus home. This time I went to The Plaza while waiting for time to pass. I forgot what I did there but.. I nearly missed by ride home =P Waaaahhh Yvonne arhh. I was speed-walking to the bus terminal and I saw the bus driving out already. I waved my right hand to flag it down. Tsk tsk. Luckily for me, the driver stopped and let me in.

Last night, I went to an event called 'International Food Night' held at Uni. It was organised by the Christian clubs from uni. There were a lot of people from different countries, most who were present are uni students I think. We've got people from NZ, Malaysia, Indonesia, USA, England, Papua New Guinea, Thailand, Japan, Samoa, China, Vietnam and a few others. The food was great! There was rojak! I wonder who brought that.. wahh made me miss Malaysian food :( Met new people there too. After dinner, there were performances by the Malaysians and Japanese, followed by a quiz. After that, there was a testimony and a talk. Before the night ended, we had desserts and people just hang out after that. My plate was full, so was my tummy. Oops, terlebih sudah. Haha.

Somehow I feel so young here. Haha. Maybe it's because all the people I know so far are older than me. I shall take it all in and put it in an airtight container. I am young.. :D However, I will be adding another year to my age soon. But someone else's are sooner! You know who you are..don't have to hide it. Haha. Ah, age ain't nothin but a number =)




A sign in Pak'N Save


I woke up at 11am today. Went online the whole afternoon and then went for a walk at 1650. Was bored at home and since I haven't been out of the house all day, I decided to go for a walk. Desperately needed exercise, man! Walking is exercise, right? :) Destination: Massey Uni Recreation Centre. My brother was playing football with his friends there so I planned to walk there and then hitch a ride in his car back home. The distance was about 3KM +/- .. It was a countryside walk, pretty scenic. I saw a cow, some horses and sheep along the way. I don't know why when I stopped to look at the sheep, they stopped doing whatever they were doing and looked at me too. haha. After a while, they got bored looking at me and turned away into the opposite direction. Without wasting anymore time and light, I continued my journey. I was afraid it'll get dark before I reached uni since I don't know how long it'll take to get there.

In the end, I made it before sunset! It took me approximately 30 minutes.. It didn't felt like half an hour to me though. Maybe because I was enjoying my walk. I got to exercise and breathe in cold, fresh air ey.

Had Domino's pizza for dinner. Yummy. Discounts for students too! Wow, feels good to be a student in Palmy :P The All Blacks won against the Wallabies by the way. NZ is a happy country now. haha. The Malaysian hockey team is coming over to play a few games against the NZ team too.. in August I think.

It's late now, but not in Malaysia =P I'm gonna head off to bed while you people in M'sia ... are still hanging around with your eyes wide open. Anyway, here's a picture of what 5.24PM looks like at my place.



Le, that's for you. I promised to show you how dark it is .. See. =P
Feel better and get well soon :) Drink more water, rehydrate.. less junk food, don't eat out too much.. and think positive :) Sometimes mind over matter helps.. k?

Neece, ask your dad to get you a webcam for your birthday. haha. I was suppose to write a post bout you hor? haha..


xoxovon
Funny example from a pastor at church last week: Lord give me patience, I want it NOW.


0 comments: