CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 13, 2009

Class: Day 1

You're not gonna believe me when I say this but please, by all means, do. If you asked me, "Hey, Yvonne. What did you learn in class today?" I'd answer you, "I learned how to read." =)

Yes, you heard me. I learned how to READ in English class today. It's not exactly English class, the paper is called Foundation Studies in English for Academic Purposes. I've seen a lot of this word today, PURPOSE. I read a lot too. TOO MUCH READING IN A DAY FOR YVONNE. Haha. I don't read much, you see. My brother said my brain will only be vegetating and not doing much work this semester but I doubt that. I'm starting to feel the stress already. Haha. Maybe it's just me worrying too much about the upcoming assessments and assignments. Pft. English lecturer seemed so .. serious. Why so serious? =P My other lecturer is more loose and she inserts bits of humour along the way.

First day of class and I already have homework! Which is reading, loads of them. And also answering questions based on a topic. As you know I've not been writing much for the past 7 months hence my handwriting is like *inserts word that ryhmes with Pitt*. I find it difficult to write.. haha. I mean, my handwriting doesn't look like the one I expected it to turn out. You know, the slim and sorta tiny one which Eunice likes to complain about. "Von, your handwriting is blahblahblah..."
I can blame the weather too, right? It's too cold that my finger and hand muscles become inactive or they stiffen up so I can't move them as smoothly and well as I can back in the tropical weather in Malaysia =P Even my teeth started chattering! See, I was asked to give a 30 secs presentation on clothing. I don't know why but my teeth were chattering, I thought I was gonna have a nervous breakdown. And then I realised, oh it's cold. Yeah, blame the weather again. Darn. haha.

I took the bus to school this morning :) Success.. And I'll have to take it again tomorrow, tomorrow.. and maybe tomorrow. Since my brother doesn't want to fetch me and he'd prefer that I use the bus so he can sleep more I suppose. Ah, bus rides are free anyway. The only downside to that is that I have to wake up pretty early to get ready and stuff. Breakfast, lunch, toilet time, walk to bus stop. I'll have to pace up because I'm known for 'taking my time' sometimes (outside of NS). Whoops, looks like Puan is laid back too. Tomorrow's gonna be another long day at class. 9am-3pm, I'll be at campus building before 830am. 5 hours of English by the way! I'm dead sure there's going to be heaps of reading. Man, words words words. Find this point, find that point. I think I'll be more entertained if you give me a word search puzzle. Anyway, lets be positive about things and look at the brighter side :) I'll have to pass the papers in order to continue the next semester so I might as well learn to have fun while learning, right?

I should stop and get on with my reading homework. Loads of them. *says 'why why why what the heck why do I need to ahhh whatever' in Japanese*

Wish me luck.
In the meantime, I'm waiting for someone to come online. Time difference, pftt.

xoxovon
One week in Palmy, 10 days in NZ.

0 comments: