CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Say My Name

Introduction: My name is Yvonne, or the complete and up to date version - Amelia Yvonne Sng Shi Wen. Yvonne is my birth name while Amelia is my confirmation name. You can call me Von.

I came back from church earlier and found a bunch of certificates on the piano. It was meant for my friends and I who participated in a Red Crescent convention last year. I'll have to distribute them then..

The first thing I did when I saw my cert was to check if my name was correct, of course. But, NOOOOOOOOH! It's spelled wrongly!



yVVone

Double V? Wow. Haha. How is that possible? I've written my name uncountable times and I'm sure I won't make a mistake writing my beautiful name and I will certainly check to see if my writing was clear enough for anyone else to read. So Mr/Mrs/Ms Typist, how did you get my name wrong? Did you double, triple, quadruple check?

The last time my name was spelled wrongly was also an RC cert. I had to wait for about a year to get a new one.

Even ABRSM made a mistake. This one's funnier, it isn't even my name. Haha.





Where's the V??

And then..



So there's Yvvone, Yunne, Yvone.. The thing is, some people 'modify' the spellings of names. Like, 'Jayden' can be spelled in many different ways (I read this in a newspaper article some time ago).

Yvonne is a female given name. It is French in origin, and is the female form of Yvon, which is derived from the Germanic name Yves. This name means "beautiful girl", from the Germanic word Iv meaning "yew."

Common variations of this name include Evonne, Ivonette and Yvon.
That's from wikipedia.

Yvonne is a pretty popular name nowadays, I think... Haha. I don't know. I'm just saying that because I know about 3 Yvonnes.

When I was younger, I asked my mom why she named me Yvonne, and she said she liked the name. So, I'm Yvonne. (aww.. thank you mom. I love my name).

Not only has my front name been misspelled, but also my surname. 'SNG'. It's odd, I know. It's not a common surname in Malaysia, but it is, in Singapore (so I've heard). So I have a unique surname? Haha. jk. Some had spelled my name 'Yvonne Sing'. Some 'S'ng'. But not anymore I guess. 'Sng' is actually 'sun' in Mandarin. I'll post up it's history, if I can :P

SPM is soon and YES, I've checked through the registration slip many many times and I even asked my friends to check my particulars and there's nothing wrong about it. So if (somehow) my name is misspelled in SPM (WHICH I PRAY/HOPE/WISH WILL NOT HAPPEN AT ALL), it would be the typist's fault.

I'm gonna send the cert back and make them type me a new one. Muahaha.

I gotta go. Theory class later where I have to do one full paper.

xoxovon


Theory exam on the 18th. Wish me luck. ;)

0 comments: