CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

How august can August be.

Birthday wish: Happy Birthday to Qing Cheng aka Allister/Alistair who turns 2 today! I bet he's really naughty now. :P

3 new track and field world records so far in the Beijing Olympics. Usain Bolt cruised to victory in the 100m men's finals in just 9.69s and another one in the women's 3000m steeplechase and last night, by Elena Isinbaeva!

She only made two jumps in the finals and she won the gold medal. TWO JUMPS. How easy was that? While others made like.. more than 2? She skipped all the heights below 4.70m. While others were pole vaulting, she was sitting down on the grass, in her jacket, tracks and cap, just laying back and waiting for them to raise the bar.

She cleared 4.70m in her first attempt and then she skipped 4.75 and 4.80. She also managed to clear 4.85m in her first attempt. The American who was in 2nd place cleared 4.80 but decided to skip 4.85 and went for 4.90 instead. She failed in all 3 attempts and the gold went to Isinbaeva.

Isinbaeva went on with 4.95m even though she's already won. The OR was 4.91m set by her back in Athens. She cleared 4.95m in her 3rd attempt. Then.. she went on, raising the bar to 5.05m - just 1cm higher than her WR of 5.04m that she set this year. Oh, what suspense.

"You, woman who jumps the highest. If you can jump so high, there's no obstacle too great to overcome."
-quoted from 'The Best of Us' Olympic advert.


I was standing up the whole time. I wanted her to make 5.05m so bad.. haha. New WR bah. Who wouldn't wanna see someone break a WR?

Oh she made it! 3rd attempt. kintio leh. What a great, world-class athlete.

She talks/whispers to her pole everytime before running down the track and doing her thing. In an interview, she said maybe she'll tell us what she says to her pole, once she retires from the sport that is.

The Russian Pole Vault Queen.
-news, results, photos from the Olympics are available at the
official website.

Quick question. Since Ivanovic pulled out, ... is Elena up to William's standards? Haha.
Oh. Kluft qualified for the long jump finals and Bolt's running tomorrow night.

So, my birthday's in a week. I'm turning 17. I haven't planned anything yet but .. God's adding another year to my life :D

I've always wanted a capo and I thought my birthday would be a great time to get myself one.




That is Bernard's capo. How kind of him to lend it to me for a few days :) I want one! haha. I want the one like his. He said it costs around RM50. I hope I can get one within this week so that I can play 'beautiful music' during the hols :P Songs like 'Teardrops on My Guitar', 'Carry You Home' and Marie and Colbie songs (I think) need capo. It raises the pitch and makes it sound nicer :)


I also want...





Marie Digby's Unfold. She's awesome. She's a Youtuber! Haha. She did an acoustic version of a techno song- Gimme More. Is that song techno-ish? Haha.

Neece, have you bought my present or not? Haha. Never mind, surprise me. :)

I watched a live online concert by Marie back in May/June during the mid-term hols. (Thanks to Facebook and Deep Rock Drive for that) I actually missed the first few minutes because I woke up late :( It started around 6am Malaysia time.



You can send messages and they will appear on a huge screen which is in front of her. So she can actually read the messages while performing. Lol. She also answered questions asked by viewers in between songs. She's so sweeeet. Too bad she didn't answer me :( maybe my messages came in while she was singing or something. Haha. Then, you can also vote what song you want her to play next, and you can clap, send a kiss, cry and so on by clicking on the icons 'there'.

It's live, it's free! Just claim your free pass and you can watch any concert by any of the featured artistes. I think you have to have a Facebook account too.


LEONA! *with British accent*. That's how she announcer said her name on X-Factor. :P




Her voice is amazing. Have you heard her sing Mariah & Whitney songs? Chills man..

Ryner makes fun of the way she sings 'Bleeding Love'. Haha. Ask him to show you how he does it (it comes with The Ryner face expressions and hand gestures).

I also want................ to go to Niu Jeelan! New Zealand! Haha. I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want...There's Burger King at NZ? I want Burger King.

My violin needs polishing. Hence, I need a violin polisher! haha.

More randomness. Athletic spike shoes are cool :D I'm hungry. I want bak gua, kolo mee, kampua mee, dim sum, and my younger brother's cha mee and cha kueh tiaw! His cha mee/cha kueh tiaw is really nice, can. I don't know why but I like it. It's like the ones from the stalls. I'd rather eat his because I don't have to pay, and all I have to do is wash my plate after eating. haha.

Violin tomorrow morning. Adios.

xoxovon

Dinner with 'Tiger' tomorrow. :D
I'm so random today..

1 comments:

Eric Sng said...

can.......





















































































not..