CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 5, 2008

YA: Yasmin Ahmad, the storyteller.

I shouldn't be awake nor online.. My brother's watching MU playing. It's a Saturday night, so what the heck. Wait, it's a Sunday morning. School's tomorrow. Dang.


Yesterday, I went to Zaty's house with WY and the JC twins, Ryner was there too. We were talking, chatting away and then I asked Ryner what he movie he was watching before I came because he said he was enjoying the movie and so on. He was watching 'Sumolah'. 

Then I asked him if he had watched 'Sepet'. He hasn't. Then, he asked me if I've seen the commercial about a Chinese boy and a Malay girl in love, holding hands in the end. I haven't. It was a commercial by Yasmin Ahmad and both Zaty and Ryner had seen it. So I thought to myself, "How is it that I have not seen nor heard of that one before until just now??" Maybe I was too busy and had no time to watch tv =P

Here's the commercial. It's so cute, so you'd better watch or else .. you have to pause Lotus' growth for me. (Eunice's bitch puppy. she's female what... haha) It's an award-winning commercial by the way- a Gold Lion at the Cannes Advertising Festival 2008. Can? Haha.



I've watched Sepet and Gubra, but that was a few years ago. If I had the chance to watch them again, I would. Why not? I haven't watched Mukhsin and Muallaf though. 

I don't know, I like her films? Or maybe because she's won many international awards. =P Support your local productions bah. 'We Malaysians what, together -gether lah'. Ugh, that (annoying) KRU song. Haha. I haven't watched enough to say that 'I love her movies' so I'm at 'I like her movies' now. Her new movie, 'Talentime' just wrapped up I guess. And Pamela Chong is in it. If you don't know, she is Vanessa's sister aka partner in TARA 2 and Vince Chong's sister. If you don't know who Vince Chong is, you.. you.. you bagai katak di bawah tempurung (you're not Susan). Kidding. I admit, I don't know any Nicholas Teo songs. I don't think I even know how he sounds like but I do know that he sings in Mandarin. I also know how he looks like.. 

Read this. Ban Sepet? So close-minded meh. Langsung tiada penghargaan dan penghayatan terhadap bidang kesenian. WTH. 

*recalls a scene in Gubra where the Chinese guy refused to eat the food that his wife brought for him to the hospital because there was no BABI. Haha.*
*In Sepet, Harith wears only a sarong and he is shirtless. That's very Malaysian, I see nothing wrong with that.*
*Why didn't Orked try to convert Jason? It's a movie lah, it's up to the writers to decide what the movie's gonna be like.*
*In Sepet, Jason sells pirated VCDs. Like, WHOA! Piracy, hello? Should ban, right? Because this will only send a message to the people that piracy is okay? Oh please, I'm sure even the youknowwhos buy pirated movies/music CDs and have more than I do.*

I'm sick of the censorship thingy (I wanna say 'board' but I don't want to but you know what I'm talking about). Aren't you feeling the same way too? A little but of lip-locking action- CUT SCENE. Cleavage-BLUR PARTICULAR PORTION. No fun leh. =P 

I'm not quite sure what I just said and whether it made sense or may offend anyone. I must be sleepy and tired to care about what I write. Haha. I'm glad that Sepet wasn't banned and I hope Astro Kirana will repeat the movie, and not only during special occasions like Raya or Merdeka Day. Pft. 

Yasmin Ahmad's blog here. She's been blogging since 2004.

xoxovon
What's the reason not to love about it? Great ad. Classic.

"What do you wish to say to her?"
-"Do you want to come on a date?.. to a romantic dinner."
"Does she know you like her?"
-"No, I keep it a secret."
"Why?"
-"I don't want the whole world to know."
"Why not?"
-"Because everybody will laugh at me."
"Why should they laugh at you?"
-".. She doesn't like me.."

Our children are colour blind. Shouldn't we keep them that way?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahah is dat real?like real real.i don't get our children are colour blind.=/ pentium 1

Amelia Yvonne said...

I think it's real. haha. ryner and zzty thought so too. 'Our children are colour blind' meaning we don't care about skin colour like that lah. we're not racists.. haha