CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 29, 2009

I am alive

It's been a really long while since my last post and many things had happened since then. I just didn't bother to find time to blog. Oopsie =P Lets see.. I'm having my 2 weeks of sem break now and there's one more week left (Nooooo), I haven't touched my school work =(

In the last couple of weeks...


-stayed up till 3am to finish up presentation slides and obtained 16/20 for the presentation. That was close..
-stayed up till late to finish up essay plan and managed to hand it in on time (did printing in comp lab in the morning before deadline)
-baked muffins and brownies (I only started baking in NZ, cool as. haha)
-went snowboarding a day before I turned 18! Oh, I turned 18. Sweet as =P

Went to Whakapapa ski field at Mt Ruapehu on Tuesday and snowboarded the whole afternoon. It was drizzling, not snowing :( It was awesome although I fell countless times. I put my phone and wallet in the so-called waterproof jacket but they got wet. Well, the pants and jacket ARE waterproof, it's just that I fell so many times maybe ice got into my clothes and made them all wet. Anyway, my phone was alright. I was all wet after snowboarding and ended up with sore arms, thighs and bum. But it was so much fun! I wanna do it again.. and I'll get the YOUTH ticket next time! What a waste of money, bought the adult one the other day. Tsk.

Played Cranium that night. Club Cranium was interesting. Haha. The next morning, friends celebrated my birthday. How sweet of them :) The candles were funny because they rekindled for a few times even after I blew them out. Imagine blowing out 18 candles over and over again. Haha..

A few weeks before that, I went to Camp Chica aka
Girls' Camp. I had a great time and yeah, 2 days, 1 night is definitely not enough but we had to settle with that cos' we're all busy students :)

So far, I've been away thrice.
Wellington- with OCF for Cultural Marketplace
Woodville- OCF+MUCF Camp Chica!
Whakapapa, Mt Ruapehu+Raetihi- snowboarding (Imagine accomodating 16 uni students in a 2-bedroom, one-storey house. The wonder of sleeping bags..just crash anywhere and snooze)


Wind turbine@wind farm


Yeah, life is pretty good here :) Would be better if I won the Lotto jackpot prize. Haha.. Nah, money is only temporary happiness, not eternal. Having a relationship with God is so much better. I've learned more about Him since I got here. I can say it's because of the people who are surrounding me, they're such good companions, my brothers and sisters. I also have the desire to learn and know more. It's like this thirst I have.. haha.

No OCF during mid-sem break, kinda missing it now :/ Tomorrow's Sunday, meaning church and after-church lunch I suppose, like the usual. And then Monday, and then... I'll try to get more pictures up on the blog. There are pictures on Facebook :)

Neece, come online. We have YET to webcam.

Till next time, cheers.

xoxovon
Grace is God at work :)


0 comments: