CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 4, 2009

Mid-sem break

I just talked to my mom for almost an hour. It was fun. Mother-daughter conversation session, I haven't had that in a while.

My mid-sem break is almost over. I'll have to go back to class on Monday. It's a =( for everyone for sure. But I should feel grateful and I thank God for everything that has happened, for that I am alive to experience new things in my life, for the awesome people around me, for that I'm able to be 18 and for just about everything. Our God is an awesome God :)

I had 2 weeks of break and now there's only 2 days left. Time flies when you're having fun.. so they say. I went snowboarding during the first week and that was something I really looked forward to although I was a bit scared, I have to admit, after hearing news about skiers dying on the mountains due to avalanches and so on. I went with 15 other people, including my brother. A convoy of 4 cars making their way to Mt Ruapehu and I was riding shotgun.

It was August 25th, the weather looked fine in the morning but it started to look more cloudy once we reached higher altitudes. Then, it drizzled. =( You won't have fun if you limit your budget so tightly, so I put $200 in my card for this trip. Haha. It was that darn adult ticket that cost me extra when I could have bought the youth ticket. Maybe I was just too excited. The snowboarding lesson went on for more than an hour I think, so it was worth it. We snowboarded the whole afternoon.


Yvonne sitting on her bum...after she fell.

Falling on ice is not that bad compared to falling on cement ground.

We stayed overnight at someone's house and the next day was my 18th birthday. I didn't expect a big celebration but my friends surprised me that morning. How did you guys hide the cakes? haha. Thanks, people! When I woke up, I checked my phone and there were a few text messages. Thank you :) Someone sent twice, wah. <3.>

Aviator shades are not for me :/
Beatrice & I in shades that don't belong to us. We're both 18 now, at least until October comes.


On the way back, we stopped by at the Raukawa Falls lookout to look at what else if not the waterfall itself. It's a small one though. Ah, nature is pretty :)


Raukawa Falls


No one warned us about the upcoming road block. It was out of the blue!



A herd of sheep!! My bro said they were moving to another paddock, which was just across the road. So that was a free sheep show for us all. haha.

Sheep ass. Run, sheep, run!!!



Sheep on the run!



My housemate made me kuih salat in a shape of a cake.

With housemates. Thank you :)


After dinner, I went to my friend's place to hang out. Their place is pretty :) I can't really recall what I did for the next few days except... potluck, church, eat-out and Amy's birthday on Merdeka day. We went to Himatangi beach.. in the middle of the night, kinda. It was fun though. I don't know when I'll ever get to do that again. Only in NZ! haha.

Made a trip up to Hamilton on Wednesday, came back last night. NZ is such a great place to have a road trip. There's always somewhere to go or some place to stop, just to look around and take pictures. It took us 7 hours (according to my timer) to get from Palmy to Hamilton and this includes toilet breaks, stops and other random stuff. Oh ya, stopped by Puzzlng World after Taupo.

The weather was amazing and beautiful that day! The sky was clear and sunny.. indescribable! God's wonder. I just wanted to stand under the sky and do nothing..but I was in sitting in the car.

Place your fingers on the screen, you can almost touch the snowy mountain.
The view of Mt Ruapehu from the car. So clear and beautiful! What a good day to go snowboarding but unfortunately, we couldn't fit it into our schedule :(


Stopped by McDonald's in Taupo for toilet break and had $2 Deluxe Cheeseburger.

Does the next picture look familiar? hmmm.

Me, Amy: 2nd Sept.


YY & Sabrina: June/July


haha. Nooo! Wrong timing=different shadows. And also slight difference of standing position =P



In the plane, having our burgers.


Hamilton!!

Lake Rotoroa, Hamilton at sunset


Then we went to Hamilton Gardens. It was cool bro. I wished we could have spent more time in Hamilton.


Celebrating my bro's 21st. Dinner was good, yummy food! :)


On the way back, we witnessed snowfall! It was snowing along Desert Road! I put my hand out of the window to feel and play with the snow. I even stuck my tongue out of the window a bit. haha.

Snowy Desert Road.


Happy 21st Birthday, bro. :)

I hope I can use the remaining non-schooling days wisely. It's gonna be a long 6 weeks till semester comes to an end. WWJD?


xoxovon
I need to work out.

2 comments:

Azizul said...

OMG Von, you look like you had so much fun!

Amelia Yvonne said...

Did my smiling face give it away? Aw man. Haha. Yea, I had fun :)