CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 1, 2009

4 weeks

Wow, it's already August!! And I've been away from home for 4 weeks now. Time flies ey.

I haven't forgotten my roots, don't worry. Although I may pick up a tiny bit of different accents while I'm here. Haha. I've got a Scottish and a Kiwi as my teachers. 3 Middle-Easterners, one Chinese, 2 Thais, a few others and a couple of Kiwis as classmates. I just realised something as well. I can't introduce myself as, "I'm Yvonne from Kuching" or "... from Sarawak". It has to be Malaysia :P Don't get me wrong, I'm proud to be a Malaysian (for all the right reasons of course). One of the saddest thing that has occured is that some people don't know where Malaysia is. They know we exist but they don't know our location. Like WTH right? My Chinese friend asked me this once: Is it cold, like this, in Malaysia during winter time? Major -.-" ey? Haha.

This one isn't going to be long because it's late and I need to get some sleep. I slept at 3am and today has been a long day. A bunch of us OCF members went down to Wellington to show some support at the Cultural Marketplace event. It's a fund raiser. Loads of international food there and other stuff as well.


Henna

My throat didn't feel so well after lunch today. We went to 'yam cha'. Had dim sum. That's my 3rd time in NZ and all in different cities. Auckland, Palmy and Wellington. The pattern tells me that my next dim sum will be south of all those cities I've mentioned. =P Ah, so yummy! But I need to control my food consumption, for real. It is winter but so what.

I had a Listening Test on Friday from 9-940. Class was 1030-1130. One hour, awesome ey? Many of them went straight home after the test and skipped class. PFTT.

Small lecture theatre, where the test was held.


Before I end this post, here's another picture (to make you salivate and drool all over your keyboard, not). The wedges at Uni's cafeteria are Oh-so-nice. They keep calling my name whenever I'm at the main campus. Haha.



Ignore the heading on the newspaper & my friend's phone.
Btw, that isn't polystyrene. It's like a paper box.


See, Eunice. I do have pictures on my blog :)

xoxovon
I made pancakes for breakfast.
*brushes imaginary maple syrup on imaginary pancake*

0 comments: