CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Ooo Yay. Badminton

Schools back! Eww.. Lol. I did nothing much during the hols. Friday was the most tiring day of all but FUN. Fun fun fun. Why? I'll tell ya.

Friday was the.., I would call it the 'intraschool badminton competition 2'. lol. I woke up about 20 minutes later than I was suppose to. Eat breakfast, bathe, pack my rackets and extra clothing. iperspire.. haha. Like a woman, I reached Winners (or Winner.. whichever) Court a few minutes past 8am. When I reached there, teacher was half-way through her briefing. Wei Yei said to me the usual thing, "Von, very early von." (in Hokkien). Did my warm-ups (which is never enough and always end up with muscle cramps. haha). Then I wore my badminton shoes cos I didn't have to time to put them on at home and I wore slippers all the way. Even brought them to court.

I warm-up my strokes with Sophia, Ruby and Michelle for a while. Unpredictable. haha. My first match was.. I forgot. Either Singles or Mixed doubles. haha. What a darn unlucky draw. My partner, Sen Kai and i were playing Jeff & Amy at the 1st round. We met during the first competition and we lost. but I think we've improved, if not a lot, a little. We won the first game but lost the 2nd and the 3rd. Sen Kai was encouraging. He had the 'fighting spirit'.

Sen Kai: (in Hokkien) As long as the shuttle goes over the net, that's good enough.

The four of us played our first round as if we're in the finals of some big competition. Screaming and cheering when we made a good shot or won a point. It was fun. Psyching each other out, a way of 'threatening' :) In the end, yeah we lost but it's ok.
Then my singles.. i had the-not-so challenging opponents at the early stages and I did what I expected, go to the finals. During the matches, I keep scolding myself in my head so that I won't get carried away. Often I either miss shots, didn't run or my smash won't go over the net. How depressing. haha. I had lunch at Winners court, didn't go home. Kind teacher bought chicken rice for some of us and it was FOC.

After that was my girls doubles. Not many people joined the girls singles and doubles cause it was open and there was no age groups. and many other reasons which I'm not sure of :P. I forgot how many stages there were in girls' doubles.. i think one pair will only have to play about 2 or 3 matches to get to the finals. haha. My partner was Roselind. Honestly, we didn't really know each other.. but by playing games, it can bring people together. right? Doubles acquire teamwork and a lot of communication and i think we did pretty well. hey, it's our first time playing together, a debut.. a great one. haha. I purposely changed into my 2007 Amethyst shirt so that we have matching shirts. haha.. Cut the story short, blah blah... we got to the finals!

It was around 3 something in the afternoon by then. I was surviving with plain water, glucose+water and that packet of chicken rice I ate for lunch. Chicken rice so expensive lah. RM4!! Surprisingly, I didn't feel hungry or anything..if i was at home, I'd be visiting the refrigerator every 30 minutes XP.

2 points into the first game and something happened, it ain't good. Cramp! Right calf. The opponent placed the shuttlecock to my back-right corner and I went for it. Right after I hit the shuttle, I skipped outta court and sit on the floor. Damn...
Thanks to the opponents for tolerating with me. I used about a couple minutes to get back into play. Amy gave me 5 minutes.
My friends helped me stretch my muscle and oh boy it hurt the first time I held my leg straight. Lawrence made jokes haha..

1) my leg would feel better after shuffling
2) step out of the court and let my partner return all the shots
3) many more.. haha

So we lost the first game.. I think that was what happened, i forgot. haha. Cause we went into the rubber game.. yeah.. i didn't lose hope. I think I had quite a number of winning serves. Just by serving we won points. Shouting 'Saa!!' after winning *almost* every point. Man, I miss that.. In the end, sighs. We won! Amethyst ..rocks..? haha. Thanks to those who gave support/coaching and cared and helped during that critical moment when I had muscle cramp. Never forfeit! Never say die! Lol. Was so happy.. I know, it's just intraschool, no big fuss. Who doesn't wanna have a little taste of victory and it was a good birthday present for the both of us. 4 other people I know share the same birthday as me, 26th Aug and Rose and Wendy were born on the 25th. That makes 7 birthdays in 48 hours.

Imagine if you were friends of all 7 of us and we each had seperate birthday parties and we invited you to come. Imagine getting all of us a present. haha.. Ok, so we won. Wow.. It's sad though. Amy, Adele and Rose might not be coming back for Form 6 next year meaning no one to play with :( .. got la, other people, just that i cant play with them. haha.

Played my singles finals on Saturday morning cause it was getting late and I had to attend another event that friday night. I lost my singles to Adele. She was the better player on the court, I suppose. No hard feelings. Congratulations to her and the other winners as well.

Winners
Boy's U15 Singles: Nazifi
Boys' U15 Doubles: Nicholas & Christopher
Boy's U20 Singles: (I don't know) haha
Boys' U20 Doubles: Arif & Hong Ruey
Girl's Singles open; Adele
Girls' Doubles open: Yvonne & Roselind

Can't wait for prize giving during assembly. I hope it's next Monday. Don't have to stand under the sun! haha.. (the date of post is 25th but I finished it on Tuesday :P)

xoxovon

Never Say Die

2 comments:

Eric Sng said...

don forget bout me...i trained u too...hehe...watever =P

Amelia Yvonne said...

trained? haha..