CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Gratitude

What position am I in to complain when compared to those who are less fortunate than I am?

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, mainly thoughts abou
t life. I start telling myself to complain less and as humans, we tend to complain about things (a lot of things). Even the smallest of the smallest issue such as the (stupid) machine that does not want to work when you want it to work (because you cannot operate it). What an analogy, I know. Anyway, you get my point.

I've been facing quite a number of problems lately, most of them are related to my studies. I think it's safe to say that ALL of them are related to my education. I planned to do Summer School so that I could start 1st Year in Feb 2010 but it doesn't seem likely now. So I have to opt for the Feb-July Foundation Semester and this will allow me to start 1st Year in July 2010 instead. However, more problems emerged as time goes by. Whether it's the paper not being offered, the entrance requirements, the time or just me worrying too much. This is where I let out a big sigh.

Today, someone told me that it might take me more than a
year to do 1st Year. I almost cried. Seriously. In my head, I went "WHAT?!". I've told myself (and some other people) that I didn't want to grow old studying, that I want to finish university quickly. Then, at a friend's birthday dinner: "No matter how old you are, you'll still be learning...". That's so true. And some say that when the time comes, you won't even realise it. 3 years will go by just like that. For instance, my brother is already doing his final year. I've been in NZ for almost 3 months and it sure doesn't feel like it although I miss things back home.

Then comes the big question: Shouldn't I be grateful that I am able to have education, from kindergarten all the way to where I am now? Yes, I am thankful for that. Hallelujah. :) Hence, I shall not complain, rather, I should find ways to overcome my current problems. So what if it takes me longer? (Actually, I do care because time is precious and more years means more money spent) I've got the opportunity to attend Uni. I'm blessed. :)

I believe that every time we're faced with challenges, those trials somewhat prepare us for something much bigger in the time to come.

It has been raining all day long and the winds aren't of any help at all. A combination of those two makes the day wet, cold and depressing. Thus, you can tell how my mood has been today. Despite all that, I do try to cheer myself up. Positive thinking helps :) There's always hope and God is hope for the hopeless! Father to the fatherless, Love to the loveless!

Here's a picture of the Sun's ray shining through the Earth's atmosphere, reaching the ground and me. Lighting up the wide and open sky, warming up a cold day of September Spring in Palmerston North. How I long for another day like that after a rainy week. :)


I feel happy when the Sun shines.
Warmth... :)


I'll continue about Gratitude another time. It's getting late.
Just keep in mind to be thankful for every second, minute, hour, day and year of life.
It's life, shit happens. Get up, wipe that dust off and move on. :) And.. things are of course easier said than done. Hehe.
Have a goodnight.

Feeling better and blessed.

xoxovon
Looking forward to OCF AGM. Although I haven't fully recovered from my sickness, I'm not gonna let that stop me from having fun with my brothers and sisters. =D

0 comments: