CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Treasure Hunt. I hunted for Marbles.

It was today.

My school's Red Crescent (RC) organised a 'treasure hunt' opened to all members and members of other clubs in the school too. Well, other clubs can only send 5 people per club. They mixed us all up like one big bowl of salad and I ended up being the leader for group 10. LEADER. ?? William Chai was also in my group and why not him? He's .. . a .. man. Lol. A well-built, super smart, plays-tennis-every-day-if-it-doesn't-rain guy. Since I was a leader, I stood at the front of my group line. Looking down the line of leaders, I noticed that I was the shortest, so I think so. It's not that I'm really short, okay? It's just that other people are taller XP. Grr.

I had some unfinished business in the morning (you know what that means) because my lil' brother was so eager to get to school. It seems like the 'hunt' was about to start, but I couldn't stand anymore.

Me: Can go to the toilet, right? *please say yes, please say yes*
Girl from organising committee: .. Can.

*Ran like the wind*

(In the toilet)

*Flush*

I quickly ran back to the hall where everyone was gathering, I could see Martin (my group member) waving at me. I supposed he wanted me to come in quickly? I came in and he said that we had to come up with a slogan for our group. Hello? Just out from the toilet? All I could think of was how comfy I felt after my visit to the toilet. Haha.

My group slogan was.... so so. Anyway, the games started short after all the groups chanted their slogans out loud. Then we were given our first clue. After 5 clues, someone told us that the clues were all messed up. See, there were supposed to be 14 clues altogether that each group must collect. After the 5th one, my group already 'finished the hunt'. Long story cut short, they decided that all groups were to be given the same marks for that round. PFFFFFFTTTTTTTaaaahhhh. I didn't really mind. I was in it for the fun.

2nd round started.

5 people had to stand on 4 chairs and move another chair (that makes 5 chairs altogether) to the opposite end so that we can move to the opposite end of the hall on chairs without touching the floor. Fun, right? Haha. My goodness, Wei Yei's group moved soooooooo fast. I wasn't watching them entirely because I was more worried bout my own group. But you could see how his group was so much ahead of other groups. *chairs moving* ZOOMZOOMZOOMZOOMZOOMZOOMZOOM. They finished liao.. After that game, left hand, cramped. Then there was this 'helang and anak' game where the first person must pull the 'tail' (which was actually a triangular bandage) of another team. The 'tail' is attached to the last person's pants XP. Oh we also had to blow balloons until they burst. Grr I don't like. Haha. I managed to burst it WITHOUT CHEATING though. No using fingernails or pins or whatsoever or ask someone else to blow it for me.. unlike some people *________* (look Neece, I can do that too! haha)

In the end, there was a water balloon fight. I survived without getting hit, well... I didn't really stand in the battlefield. I only had one water balloon. Threw it, done, got out of the way. Lol.

Oh did you know? (of course not) We had to search for marbles hidden in grass? So super duper hard and frustrating. I managed to find one for my group though. The marbles were tranparent with only a little colour in it. Everytime I saw something transparent or reflecting I thought it was a marble *so excited* but noooooo, it was either plastic or just ...water.

My group finished somewhere in the bottom half but that's okay. I've learnt not to be such a sore loser at things. I believe in "Learning from mistakes, learning from losing" stuff, otherwise how do we know our weaknesses? Unless some kind person tells us of course..

Came home with packets of left-over buns. Ate lunch, showered and napped for a while. So so tired. So much running and I think I was (and maybe still am) dehydrated. I feel a fever coming. *please, no.*

It's getting late and there's foot drill practice tomorrow morning. :(

xoxovon

No pictures from treasure hunt because I was too lazy to bring a camera along.

0 comments: