CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 6, 2008

Face to Face with kids.

A nine-year old boy asked me something this morning. I believe he IS nine. XP 8, 9 or 10. Somewhere there. Lol.

Boy: Why do birds fly during winter?
Me: To get to a warmer place?
Boy: No, because it's (I heard him say this at first) 'tu-far-tu-acq'.
Me: Huh? What?
Boy: Because it's *says slowly* TOO-FAR-TO-WALK.

Me: Haha. Where did you get that?
Boy: TV! :D

Boy: Do you know what is 'f-u-c-k'?
Me: *gasps* It's a word that kids should not learn...!!
Boy: *giggles* Yaahh. It means sex. *giggles*

He was doing theory and the note he was about to name was 'F' note.

Boy: (Teacher), do you know what 'F' is for?
Me: *looks at him, waiting for an answer*
Boy: F is for FANTASTIC! .. F is also for FAIL. *laughs* A+ is for 'apple-star'...

Haha. I loved the way he said 'F is also for Fail'. At first, he had this happy, smiley face when he said 'Fantastic' and then he kinda lowered down his voice and said 'F is also for fail'. *imagine*.

The boy was Korean. I learned a few Korean words from him today. He told me 'nam-ja' is 'boy', 'muel-go-gi' is 'fish'.. I'm just spelling the way I heard him said it. And I won't tell you how to say 'gay' in Korean. I shan't. Haha. I myself forgot how to say it. It sounds like 'pian tai' (I don't know the exact pinyin).

Boy: Muelgogi ka 'somethingsomethingsomething'. It means 'The fish is gay'. HAHA.
Me: *teases* Ji Hong ka muelgogi. What does that mean?
Boy: Haha.. It means 'I (His name is Ji Hong) am a fish'. *giggles*
Me: What's 'bulgogi'? Is it beef?
Boy: No...
Me: Meat?
Boy: No.. it's roasted meat. :D
Me: Ahhh..

Then, the following happened the other day. I was talking about something and suddenly the girl said this.

Girl: *somethingsomething* .. because I'm older than you!
Me: No, you're not.
Girl: I'm in Form 6!
Me: *teases* I'm in Form 7.
Girl: There's no Form 7. I'm in university!
Me: I have my PhD (I don't think she knew what PhD was.. haha!)
Girl: I already DIE!

Haha. I guess she won that one. tsk tsk. She's still in primary school.

Girl: Haha.. you're 'nen-nen' so big..
Me: *excuse me!??!* What? *teases back* Yours leh?
Girl: I don't have *giggles*

Pft. I was gonna say 'You WILL have' but that would just make the conversation on 'nen-nens' even longer.. Don't let kids watch 'Ah Long Pte Ltd'. I heard that it'll influence them into certain (unhealthy) things. The girl has been saying lines from the movie every week. 'CHAO AH GUA' is one of them. And she's been singing the 'Ah Long lai, kan papa, papa bu cai jia..' song every week. Grr. I haven't watched it. Don't plan to. No time. Lol.

If you understand Hokkien, then this should tickle your funny bone and make you laugh till your teeth fall. I laughed so hard when my cousin told me this. I'll try my best to type the Hokkien words and I hope you can understand. If not, sorry...

No ang bo che motorbike ki pasat bay liulien. Bay ho liao, ee nang sai deng chu. Koi kio ee si bo tiaw ti wu 'Thud' ji le sia.

Ang: Liulien kah lau ha?
Bo: Bo kah lau, bo kah lau.

Kay ji eh, ee nang kao chu liao.

Ang: *takes off helmet, gets down from motorcycle* EH?! Lu ae bo (helmet) leh?!
Bo: Wa tan jia men si kah lu kong ah. 'BO KAH LAU, BO KAH LAU'.

It sounds funnier when someone tells it live.

xoxovon

Dad's coming home tonight :)

3 comments:

~MiSeLoCiN~ said...

hahaha... hey.. atleast they didn't dare to touch or something.. that will b worse... hahaha...

all girl's sch... danger zone!

Eugene said...

That's hilarious!!! I laughed so loud.....hahaha..my flatmates are gonna think im crazy..

Eric Sng said...

haha...*dreaming*