CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 16, 2008

Dare to answer the phone?

I don't want to jinx anything.

Have you heard about it or received an SMS about the call? THE CALL. haha. I received a text message from a friend of mine last night and I kinda ignored it. Then Neece asked me about it this afternoon and I thought, 'Oh, so everyone's talking about it..' Then, while I was chatting with Nazmi he asked me about it too. I was so surprised that the issue which I've only known about for less than 24 hours was so popular, comparable to Mariah's secret wedding. The only difference-Mariah really did get married.


Thank you, Nazmi for giving me this link [click here to read about THE CALL] I like the last paragraph. I don't know how true this is but.. just make sure you read the last paragraph. Read everything. haha.

I had my handphone before Christmas back in Form 2 and I bought my SIM card a few days after that. I chose the number by myself, which I'm still using now. I chose it because it was easy to remember. And ever since, I've received calls from people I don't know. A LOT OF CALLS. Prank, random, misdialled or maybe that someone gave them the wrong number, whatever they were. They were looking for people by names which don't even sound or rhyme with my name. haha.. so I guessed they really got the wrong number. But how can so many people get the wrong number and dialled my number instead?? It's really annoying, you know. Just yesterday afternoon I received a call from a lady in Kuching (082..) She was looking for 'Nawawi'. I was like.. HUH?

Lady: Hello. Nawawi, please.
Me: Er.. wrong number...
Lady: Hello? ...
Me: Hello..?
Lady: Is this 016-xxx xxxx?
Me: Ya....
Lady: Wrong number eih? .. Oh okay.. (hangs up)

Before that call, I had a missed call from that same number in the morning, obviously I was in school and my phone was not turned on. The day before that, I had a missed call from another Kuching number. And many more random calls before this from people I don't know. It's just super annoying. Sometimes even scary. You know, phone scams and all that. I received a missed call from some international number which had a '+' at the front when I was in Beijing on holiday in 2006. So weird. So, before I read the article (click on the link up there to read if you haven't) I dread for phone calls. I was watching badminton on tv earlier and the phone rang. I answered it but I didn't put the receiver close to my ear. I heard SHSHHHHHSHSHHH sounds at the other end then I heard a voice o.O

Lady: Hello. Yvonne arh? Mummy leh?
Me: Oh. *calls for mum*

I was so relieved when I read the article but even more relieved that ... that someone I knew called. haha.


xoxovon

I can answer my phone now, so can you! :D


0 comments: